Creative Expressions Calling card challenge:
This is an A5 landscape card matted and layered, distress inks used; antique linen, tea dye and vintage photo. I first blended my background with antique linen, stamped over with checkered stamp then dusted over with mica powders (antique set). Spritzed with water and heat set. Stamped figure and aeroplane. Distressed the edges with scissors then inked. Embossed the bottom right corner and whilst molten, stamped into to leave the impression.The topper (ATC) was done in the same way, then eyelet set twice, ribbon threaded through and attached to a clip to look like the plane is flying the tag (banner). Finished off with a border at the bottom cut from a Martha stuart punch. Stamps used are a mix of Tim holtz, Creative Expressions and Andy Skinner.
Tuesday, 12 July 2011
Creative Expressions Calling card challenge:
Monday, 11 July 2011
Another beautiful 'Creative Expressions' stamp.One of my favorites. Square card stamped in the centre with the rose, then used a large corner swirl stamped opposite corners. Blend worn lipstick ink around the stamped corners. Using the worn lipstick ink, lift with a waterbrush and paint the rose. Red cardstock, black cardstock and red patterned paper. Tear the patterned paper, tear the black cardstock slightly larger,mat and layer.Circle nesties, cut two sizes from the centre of stamped card, layer them up at different depths to give added dimension. Finish off with a bit of ribbon, flowers and sticky gems.
Die cut a topper from spellbinder die shapes, stamp and colour you image. Mat and layer your papers, layer up you die cuts/ topper, and embellish with coordinating flowers and sticky gems.
FernThe photo doesn't do this card justice...
Stamped the fern onto green card with green ink and embossed. Stamped onto brushed mirri,using versamark and embossed with clear powder ( every crafter has to try this technique, as the effect is stunning), you are left with a shiny image. The topper is stamped and embossed also, all matted and layered to give this card a lovely autumnal feel.
Grunge flowerThis card was fun to do. The flower was made using grungepaper. The background was distress ink pads; mustard seed,spiced marigold shabby shutters and peeled paint. Cosmic Shimmer mica powders (circus brights set). The stamp set I used is from stampendous birthday petals. I fist coloured an area of grungepaper with each of the distress inks, then stamped a number of petals onto the coloured grunge,and dusted with mica powders, then cut out. While the grunge is still damp with the inks you can mold each petal into shape. Layer the petals up and set a giant eyelet in place for the centre of flower.
For the background I used distress ink pads, peeled paint, pine needles and scattered straw blended together then mica powders dusted over, spritzed and heat set. Then I stamped around the edge with a holly stamp (creative expressions).
For the topper I stamped a robin (creative expressions again) and coloured with distress ink and a paint brush. Then cut out with circle die from spellbinders, matted and layered onto labels 13 diecut and fleur de lis diecut from spellbinders. Layered up together with pine needle die cut from the marieanne design range. A strip of ribbon and a sentiment to finish.
On this card I have used the XL scalloped oval, XL oval and labels 20 dies from spellbinders.
First I cut out my white card topper from the largest of the labels 20 dies and stamped tatty. I coloured her and holding the topper inside the die I dusted round with distress inks (peeled paint and tumbled glass)to give the look of grass and the sky, leaving a white border. I then layered it all up with some matching paper ( punched edges with martha stewart punches), then finished off with runched ribbon, sticky gems and of course a few buttons to match...
This card was made with the Kanban stamp 'Peacock', distress ink pads; tumbled glass, broken china, dusty concord and shabby shutters. Cosmic Shimmer mica powders; circus brights and shimmering luxury. XL oval nesties and labels 10 from Spellbinders.
First I stamped the peacock onto white cardstock and traced round it with labels ten tacked down over it, with the tail coming out of the die. Cut round the tail cutting in about a centimetre inside the traced line. Then when I was lining it up to cut with the die I lifted the tail ontop of my die so as to miss the cutting edge.
I made my background card with white card and blended tumbled glass, broken china, dusty concord and shabby shutters distress inks together then stamped a birdcage and floral vine using the tumbled glaas. I dusted over with mica powders, spritzed and heat set.
Cut out scalloped oval from the background using XL scalloped oval from spellbinder (to layer up and give added demension). And punched a border down the right side with EK success deep edge bubbles punch.
Matted and layered it all together ontop of a pale blue mirri card, and where the bubbles are, placed some transparent sticky gems. A little bit of u.f glitter and hey presto!